What to expect at your appointment
If you are new to complementary therapies, here is a summary of what happens at your appointment.
The following services are still available:
- Virtual consultation: online remote assessment to discuss musculo-skeletal issues and demonstration of remedial exercises
- Virtual consultation: online remote breathing exercises
- Virtual consultation: to discuss suitable aromatherapy essential oils blends for creating personalised massage oils or aroma-sticks
- Gift Certificates for all therapies - valid for one year from purchase.
- Purchase of Neal's Yard Organic health and beauty products
Our therapies can help relieve symptoms of:
- Back pain
- Aching muscles
- Restricted movement
We request that all clients complete our online Health Questionnaire and Covid-19 declaration and sign the online consent form when booking. This is to minimise risk of infection and will help us to adapt your chosen therapy to provide the most suitable care.
Range of movement will be assessed and posture considered as part your sports therapy appointment.
Exercises will be given to help you strengthen the affected area and improve mobility.
When you come for your appointment, we request that male clients should wear close fitting boxer shorts/running shorts and female clients wear comfortable underwear. Normal bras are preferable to sports bras as they are easier to work around.
The therapist will leave the room whilst you undress; as appropriate to your chosen therapy, and make yourself comfortable.
Towels are provided for your comfort and discretion.
Only shoes and socks/tights need to be removed for reflexology. Simply remove spectacles/jewellery/watch for seated acupressure massage.
Once the session is finished, the therapist will leave the room and allow you to dress.
We have a range of information leaflets about the various therapies available for you to take away.