What to expect at your appointment
If you are new to complementary therapies, here is a summary of what happens at your appointment.
Following the latest government announcement (06/04/2021) we will be able to see clients face-to-face from 12th April 2021.
We will keep you informed about any changes via our social media pages.
We request that you book a FREE 10 minute telephone/ zoom consultation the day before your face-to-face appointment to check your current health status and briefly discuss any specific issue you may have,
The following services are available:
- Virtual consultation: online remote assessment to discuss musculo-skeletal issues and demonstration of remedial exercises
- Virtual consultation: online remote breathing exercises
- Virtual consultation: to discuss suitable aromatherapy essential oils blends for creating personalised massage oils or aroma-sticks
- Gift Certificates for all therapies - valid for one year from purchase.
- Purchase of Neal's Yard Organic health and beauty products
Our therapies can help relieve symptoms of:
- Back pain
- Aching muscles
- Restricted movement
All appointments are preceded by a consultation to check your medical health and lifestyle which will help us to adapt the therapy and provide the most suitable care.
Range of movement will be assessed and posture considered as part your sports therapy appointment.
Exercises will be given to help you strengthen the affected area and improve mobility.
When you come for your appointment, we request that male clients should wear close fitting boxer shorts/running shorts and female clients wear comfortable underwear. Normal bras are preferable to sports bras as they are easier to work around.
The therapist will leave the room whilst you undress; as appropriate to your chosen therapy, and make yourself comfortable.
Towels are provided for your comfort and discretion.
Only shoes and socks/tights need to be removed for reflexology. Simply remove spectacles/jewelry/watch for seated acupressure massage.
Once the session is finished, the therapist will leave the room and allow you to dress.
We have a range of information leaflets about the various therapies available for you to take away.