What to expect at your appointment
If you are new to complementary therapies, here is a summary of what happens at your appointment.
* PLEASE NOTE*: due to current Tier 4 restrictions, and on advice from our professional association; the STA ,we are NOT seeing clients face-to-face until further notice.
This for the safety of our clients and our own protection. We will keep you informed about any changes via our social media pages.
The following services are available:
- Virtual consultation: online remote assessment to discuss musculo-skeletal issues and demonstration of remedial exercises
- Virtual consultation: online remote breathing exercises
- Virtual consultation: to discuss suitable aromatherapy essential oils blends for creating personalised massage oils or aroma-sticks
- Gift Certificates for all therapies - valid for one year from purchase.
- Purchase of Neal's Yard Organic health and beauty products
Our therapies can help relieve symptoms of:
- Back pain
- Aching muscles
- Restricted movement
All appointments are preceded by a consultation to check your medical health and lifestyle which will help us to adapt the therapy and provide the most suitable care.
Posture and range of movement will be assessed as part your sports therapy appointment.
Exercises will be given to help you strengthen the affected area and improve flexibility.
When you come for your appointment, we request that male clients should wear close fitting boxer shorts/running shorts and female clients wear comfortable underwear.
The therapist will leave the room whilst you undress; as appropriate to your chosen therapy, and make yourself comfortable.
Towels are provided for your comfort and discretion.
Only shoes and socks/tights need to be removed for reflexology. Simply remove spectacles/jewelry/watch for seated acupressure massage.
Once the session is finished, the therapist will leave the room and allow you to dress.
We have a range of information leaflets about the various therapies available for you to take away.